Snowdon view from Penrhyndeudraeth
The bit in the middle of this walk can get very muddy, but the rest is on paved roads, so you can just go as far as the farm and back the same way if you don’t fancy the muddy part.
- Turn left out of the front door, but before you go down the hill to the high street, turn right at the corner next to Wenallt Guest House, then immediately left after Wenallt.
- Continue to the end of the road and turn right at the T-Junction. (Take some apples for the mini horses!)
- Pass under the railway bridge, ignoring a right turn immediately next to the railway line, and then take the next right after approx.. 200 yds, marked “Caravan site” (the first of two right turns very close to each other).
- You’ll see great views across to Snowdon once you get up the hill and round the bend. When you reach a farm on your right, turn right at the foopath signposted between the house and farm buildings, and then immediately left on to a muddy track (this is where you turn round if you’re not up for the mud!)
- When you come to a gate, go through it and turn right. You’ll come to a house where the public footpath goes across a field to another gate on the left hand side just past the house. Continue down this lane and eventually go right under a railway bridge, past some houses, bringing you back into the village.
- At the T Junction turn left.
- At Wenallt Guest House, turn right, and then left on to the main road. You’ll see home just ahead of you on the right hand side.