If you fancy a stroll in to Porthmadog without the car, this is a lovely route that’s mostly “off-road”.
- Turn left out of the front door, but before you go down the hill to the high street, turn right at the corner next to Wenallt Guest House, then immediately left after Wenallt.
- Continue to the end of the road and turn right at the T-Junction.
- Pass under the railway bridge, and continue on this road, which takes you underneath the road bridge, past a small farm and a row of cottages, into the village of Minfordd.
- Keep going straight, ignoring a turning off to the right to Minfordd quarry, and a turning to the left into the village (remember this bit when you’re walking back, and take the right fork away from the quarry!)
- When you get to the end of the road, you’ll reach a T junction – turn right onto the A4971, and stay on the pavement as it bears right and continues below the road across the Cob.