Welcome to Idris Bach, Snowdonia. Your North Wales holiday cottage awaits you…
Whether your passion is hiking, climbing, steam trains, relaxing by the seaside in summer, or even just staying cosy inside in winter and enjoying the views, Idris Bach holiday cottage is perfectly situated to enjoy what North Wales offers.
Idris Bach is a charming late-19th century stone-built quarryman’s cottage that sleeps two, perched on the hillside in the village of Penrhyndeudraeth, which lies between Porthmadog and Beddgelert in Snowdonia. It’s just 2 miles from the world-famous art-deco village of Portmeirion.
The cottage enjoys views (see for yourself) of the River Dwyryd Estuary below and the Snowdonia mountains towards Harlech and Cader Idris beyond.
Rental of Idris Bach cottage includes free wi-fi broadband, central heating, electricity and all modern conveniences. The open-plan kitchen / dining room on the lower ground floor is fully equipped for self-catering – including a dishwasher and washing machine – and a stable door leads outside to the garden.
From Our Guestbook
- Took a chance with a late booking but what a find, would book again without hesitation.Chris & Jackie, Norfolk. August 2011
- We really enjoyed our short break in Wales. The cottage is very well equipped and the views are stunning. Thank you.Sandra & Mark, Edinburgh, April 2017
- Our second stay here was just as relaxing as the first. Many thanks.Lorna & Jefferson, February 2014
- A great location for walking, cycling and paddling – lucky to get the weather for them all. The house is very well set up and we really enjoyed our stay here.John & Anne, Winchester. August 2011
- Fantastically comfortable bed, lovely bathroom. This is a cottage that takes creature comforts very seriously but in a pleasingly understated way. We also liked being able to sit on the terrace in the sun and enjoy the exceptional views.Maureen & Paul, March 2012
- Fine hill walks from Beddgelert and shore walks on Llyn, and saw neolithic sites on Anglessey and over in Rowen, on a deserted hillside. The gunpowder reserve walk right here was also great. Fine location and very well set up!Gail & Lance, Massachusetts, May 2013