Welcome to Idris Bach, Snowdonia. Your North Wales holiday cottage awaits you…
Whether your passion is hiking, climbing, steam trains, relaxing by the seaside in summer, or even just staying cosy inside in winter and enjoying the views, Idris Bach holiday cottage is perfectly situated to enjoy what North Wales offers.
Idris Bach is a charming late-19th century stone-built quarryman’s cottage that sleeps two, perched on the hillside in the village of Penrhyndeudraeth, which lies between Porthmadog and Beddgelert in Snowdonia. It’s just 2 miles from the world-famous art-deco village of Portmeirion.
The cottage enjoys views (see for yourself) of the River Dwyryd Estuary below and the Snowdonia mountains towards Harlech and Cader Idris beyond.
Rental of Idris Bach cottage includes free wi-fi broadband, central heating, electricity and all modern conveniences. The open-plan kitchen / dining room on the lower ground floor is fully equipped for self-catering – including a dishwasher and washing machine – and a stable door leads outside to the garden.
From Our Guestbook
- Took a chance with a late booking but what a find, would book again without hesitation.Chris & Jackie, Norfolk. August 2011
- Our third visit, and every good as good as the previous ones. Even when it rains you don’t mind being inside such a lovely cottage. Now we’ve got to start thinking about our next trip.Paul & Maureen, June 2013
- We have had a lovely stay. The cottage is very comfortable and well appointed. We enjoyed riding on the trains. Lovely scenery and views from the cottage.Pat & Mike, Wantage. August 2011
- We really enjoyed our short break in Wales. The cottage is very well equipped and the views are stunning. Thank you.Sandra & Mark, Edinburgh, April 2017
- What a fabulous cottage. And so central!!Sarah & Steve, August 2013
- Amazing! We were lucky to be here during the heatwave, so we’ve spent 4 days on the beaches and swimming in the sea and a day spent swimming in the river at Beddgelert. Four BBQs in the week and eating out on the terrace every night.Hazel & James, London, July 2013