Welcome to Idris Bach, Snowdonia. Your North Wales holiday cottage awaits you…
Whether your passion is hiking, climbing, steam trains, relaxing by the seaside in summer, or even just staying cosy inside in winter and enjoying the views, Idris Bach holiday cottage is perfectly situated to enjoy what North Wales offers.
Idris Bach is a charming late-19th century stone-built quarryman’s cottage that sleeps two, perched on the hillside in the village of Penrhyndeudraeth, which lies between Porthmadog and Beddgelert in Snowdonia. It’s just 2 miles from the world-famous art-deco village of Portmeirion.
The cottage enjoys views (see for yourself) of the River Dwyryd Estuary below and the Snowdonia mountains towards Harlech and Cader Idris beyond.
Rental of Idris Bach cottage includes free wi-fi broadband, central heating, electricity and all modern conveniences. The open-plan kitchen / dining room on the lower ground floor is fully equipped for self-catering – including a dishwasher and washing machine – and a stable door leads outside to the garden.
From Our Guestbook
- We really enjoyed our short break in Wales. The cottage is very well equipped and the views are stunning. Thank you.Sandra & Mark, Edinburgh, April 2017
- We have had a lovely stay. The cottage is very comfortable and well appointed. We enjoyed riding on the trains. Lovely scenery and views from the cottage.Pat & Mike, Wantage. August 2011
- What a fabulous cottage. And so central!!Sarah & Steve, August 2013
- Fine hill walks from Beddgelert and shore walks on Llyn, and saw neolithic sites on Anglessey and over in Rowen, on a deserted hillside. The gunpowder reserve walk right here was also great. Fine location and very well set up!Gail & Lance, Massachusetts, May 2013
- Very comfortable & welcoming cottage. Ideally placed for visiting some super places. Portmeirion our favourite! Thank you.Ron & Judy, Portsmouth, July 2013
- Our second stay here was just as relaxing as the first. Many thanks.Lorna & Jefferson, February 2014