Welcome to Idris Bach, Snowdonia. Your North Wales holiday cottage awaits you…
Whether your passion is hiking, climbing, steam trains, relaxing by the seaside in summer, or even just staying cosy inside in winter and enjoying the views, Idris Bach holiday cottage is perfectly situated to enjoy what North Wales offers.
Idris Bach is a charming late-19th century stone-built quarryman’s cottage that sleeps two, perched on the hillside in the village of Penrhyndeudraeth, which lies between Porthmadog and Beddgelert in Snowdonia. It’s just 2 miles from the world-famous art-deco village of Portmeirion.
The cottage enjoys views (see for yourself) of the River Dwyryd Estuary below and the Snowdonia mountains towards Harlech and Cader Idris beyond.
Rental of Idris Bach cottage includes free wi-fi broadband, central heating, electricity and all modern conveniences. The open-plan kitchen / dining room on the lower ground floor is fully equipped for self-catering – including a dishwasher and washing machine – and a stable door leads outside to the garden.
From Our Guestbook
- Had a great week long second visit to Idris Bach! Enjoyed a trip to ‘Shell Island’ Abersoch, Portmeirion and the local area. Saw an osprey catch a fish at 'The Cob’ during a walk there. Fantastic! Will be back!John & Jan, Leeds, May 2013
- What a fabulous cottage. And so central!!Sarah & Steve, August 2013
- Took a chance with a late booking but what a find, would book again without hesitation.Chris & Jackie, Norfolk. August 2011
- Fine hill walks from Beddgelert and shore walks on Llyn, and saw neolithic sites on Anglessey and over in Rowen, on a deserted hillside. The gunpowder reserve walk right here was also great. Fine location and very well set up!Gail & Lance, Massachusetts, May 2013
- Our third visit, and every good as good as the previous ones. Even when it rains you don’t mind being inside such a lovely cottage. Now we’ve got to start thinking about our next trip.Paul & Maureen, June 2013
- A good shower, a good bed, a well-equipped kitchen and an extremely good location to explore both coast and mountain. Even the weather was almost perfect! Had a lovely week, perfect location, cosy cottage, fantastic scenery!Andy & Cristina, Bucks, July 2017