Welcome to Idris Bach, Snowdonia. Your North Wales holiday cottage awaits you…
Whether your passion is hiking, climbing, steam trains, relaxing by the seaside in summer, or even just staying cosy inside in winter and enjoying the views, Idris Bach holiday cottage is perfectly situated to enjoy what North Wales offers.
Idris Bach is a charming late-19th century stone-built quarryman’s cottage that sleeps two, perched on the hillside in the village of Penrhyndeudraeth, which lies between Porthmadog and Beddgelert in Snowdonia. It’s just 2 miles from the world-famous art-deco village of Portmeirion.
The cottage enjoys views (see for yourself) of the River Dwyryd Estuary below and the Snowdonia mountains towards Harlech and Cader Idris beyond.
Rental of Idris Bach cottage includes free wi-fi broadband, central heating, electricity and all modern conveniences. The open-plan kitchen / dining room on the lower ground floor is fully equipped for self-catering – including a dishwasher and washing machine – and a stable door leads outside to the garden.
From Our Guestbook
- What a fantastic holiday. We haven’t even left yet, and I’m already planning the next visit! Highlights this time were Pethau Melys in Porthmadog harbour for tea and cake and Y Ring at Llanfrothen for steak.Kirsten & Timm, Dunfermline, May 2013
- Very comfortable & welcoming cottage. Ideally placed for visiting some super places. Portmeirion our favourite! Thank you.Ron & Judy, Portsmouth, July 2013
- What a fabulous cottage. And so central!!Sarah & Steve, August 2013
- Amazing! We were lucky to be here during the heatwave, so we’ve spent 4 days on the beaches and swimming in the sea and a day spent swimming in the river at Beddgelert. Four BBQs in the week and eating out on the terrace every night.Hazel & James, London, July 2013
- A fantastic location to explore North Wales from. A cosy cottage, warm bed and good shower made for a wonderful break. Even the weather was almost perfect!Joel & Vanessa, London, August 2017
- Thank you for such a lovely stay, a very peaceful and welcoming cottage – we’re going to miss it terribly but hopefully will return!Sinead & Sayem, August 2013