Welcome to Idris Bach, Snowdonia. Your North Wales holiday cottage awaits you…
Whether your passion is hiking, climbing, steam trains, relaxing by the seaside in summer, or even just staying cosy inside in winter and enjoying the views, Idris Bach holiday cottage is perfectly situated to enjoy what North Wales offers.
Idris Bach is a charming late-19th century stone-built quarryman’s cottage that sleeps two, perched on the hillside in the village of Penrhyndeudraeth, which lies between Porthmadog and Beddgelert in Snowdonia. It’s just 2 miles from the world-famous art-deco village of Portmeirion.
The cottage enjoys views (see for yourself) of the River Dwyryd Estuary below and the Snowdonia mountains towards Harlech and Cader Idris beyond.
Rental of Idris Bach cottage includes free wi-fi broadband, central heating, electricity and all modern conveniences. The open-plan kitchen / dining room on the lower ground floor is fully equipped for self-catering – including a dishwasher and washing machine – and a stable door leads outside to the garden.
From Our Guestbook
- Very comfortable & welcoming cottage. Ideally placed for visiting some super places. Portmeirion our favourite! Thank you.Ron & Judy, Portsmouth, July 2013
- A fantastic location to explore North Wales from. A cosy cottage, warm bed and good shower made for a wonderful break. Even the weather was almost perfect!Joel & Vanessa, London, August 2017
- Fantastically comfortable bed, lovely bathroom. This is a cottage that takes creature comforts very seriously but in a pleasingly understated way. We also liked being able to sit on the terrace in the sun and enjoy the exceptional views.Maureen & Paul, March 2012
- A good shower, a good bed, a well-equipped kitchen and an extremely good location to explore both coast and mountain. Even the weather was almost perfect! Had a lovely week, perfect location, cosy cottage, fantastic scenery!Andy & Cristina, Bucks, July 2017
- Our third visit, and every good as good as the previous ones. Even when it rains you don’t mind being inside such a lovely cottage. Now we’ve got to start thinking about our next trip.Paul & Maureen, June 2013
- Thank you for such a lovely stay, a very peaceful and welcoming cottage – we’re going to miss it terribly but hopefully will return!Sinead & Sayem, August 2013